Windows Virtual Desktop is a virtual Windows environment running in Azure that allows users to have access to complete windows desktop or specific published Apps. Previously available only on preview, Virtual Desktop for Windows is now generally available worldwide. It’s also the only service that delivers management in a simplified way with a multi-session Windows 10 experience, optimizations for Office 365 ProPlus, as well as support for Windows Server Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Apps and desktops. With Windows Virtual Desktop, you can easily deploy and scale your Windows apps and desktops on Azure.
With Windows Virtual Desktop now available in all geographies, clients will be able to deploy scalable Azure-based virtualization solutions with a number of operating systems that include Windows 10 multi-session, Windows Server and an extended 3 years of Extended Security Updates for Windows 7 desktop users, who are still making their move to Windows 10.
It’s the only multi-user Windows 10 platform, giving multiple users the ability to use the same virtual machine whilst saving you money and resources. Windows Virtual Support successfully supports Windows 7 and is what gives users extended support and security even passed its End-Of-Support. The Windows 7 support will be extended for free until Jan, 2023.
Why make the move?
- You can easily retire your old VPN solution and only allow external access to LAN from a secure and managed Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Windows Virtual Desktop is available so easily, that all you are required to do in order to deploy and manage your virtualization environment, is to set up an Azure subscription.
- You can then choose the type of VM and storage you want to suit your environment.
- You can easily optimize costs by taking advantage of Reserved Instances that allow for up to 72% discounts, and by using multi-session Windows 10.
- For those users accessing the Windows 10 and Windows 7 desktops and apps, there are no additional costs if you are an existing Microsoft 365 F1/E3/E5, Windows 10 Enterprise E3/E5 or Windows VDA customer.
- For those Windows Server desktops and apps, there are no additional costs if you are an existing Microsoft RDS Client Access License (CAL) client.