Have you considered the importance of getting your IT ducks in a row before you close for the Summer? – Don’t know where to begin? – No problem!
Sns Technologies has compiled a simple, yet concise checklist for you to tick against to ensure that your tech gear and processes aren’t out of step with your business strategy, your SME business is up-to-date and ready to operate from the first day back!
Here is our security checklist that SMEs can follow as part of this review
- Windows 7 End-of-Support
- Are you prepared for the Windows 7 end-of-support?
- Have you upgraded to Windows 10?
- Do you have all necessary compliance needs to migrate to Windows 10?
2. Data backup
- For critical data (this is any information utilized on a daily basis – do you back it up on a server or backup to a remote location?)
- For important data (this is any information that isn’t used daily, nor updated often – do you centralize and back it up on a server and semi-regularly back it up off-site?)
3. Desktop security
- Do all computers have working anti-virus software?
- Do you have a security policy for downloading and installing new software?
- Are all computers updated with the latest system updates and security patches?
4. Internet and network security
- Do you have a firewall and intrusion detection on all web connections?
- Do you use a virtual private network for remote access?
- Are all modem and wireless access connections known and secured?
5. Privacy and sensitive information
- Is customer financial information encrypted and accessible only to those who need it?
- Are paper files kept in locked filing cabinets with controlled access?