The introduction of the new Microsoft Lists App is here to change the way you manage your businesses information and workload organization by being your own smart tracking information app in Microsoft 365. With a simple to navigate, smart and flexible app, your teams can easily focus on what matters most.
- Track issues
- Track assets
- Manage routines, contacts & inventory
- Use Lists within Microsoft Teams
With the ability to customize views, enable smart rules and alerts, everyone in sync with business processes. Choose from a range of ready-made templates to manage tasks quickly and easily and if those don’t cut it – Create your own customized templates to work from!
It all begins with Lists Home. A single interface where you can see and manage all of your lists within one platform. By clicking on the Lists icon displayed in the Microsoft 365 App Launcher, you can jump right into creating your very first List. Use existing lists by importing Excel table data to jumpstart your creation, or choose from a variety of pre-designed templates to work from. Beyond creation, you can view your favorite and the recent lists that you have or those that have been shared with you. Each user has the ability to work within two work spaces, your personal lists that you create, own and can share, and team lists owned by members within your team for easy collaboration.
Millions of SharePoint users have becme accustomed to the benefits that SharePoint Lists has given them over the years. Microsoft Lists builds on SharePoints previous offering to now bring new suer experiences ad capabilities that innovate the foundation of SharePoint Lists to give users a best of both worlds experience. The value of existing integrations with the Power Platform continues to come in to play when you need to further customize your list forms with Power Apps required to design robust workflows with Power Automate.
Hand in hand with being able to consume the best features in SharePoint and Lists combined – Are these features:
- Lists home brings all of your lists together at your fingertips, with the ability’s to consume the app on the web and on the go via the Lists mobile app. Create new lists, share them with team members and access recently worked on and favorited lists in one location no matter where you’re working from.
- Use Microsoft Lists within Microsoft Teams by creating a new list or imbedding an existing list directly into a Teams channel for enhanced collaboration and increased transparency. Enjoy combined lists with a side-by-side conversation for excellent collaboration with one integrated experience.
- Customize and build your ideal Lists from scratch with the Lists custom features and functionalities. And, if that takes too long – Kickstart the time it takes to create lists by choosing one of the ready-made templates designed by Microsoft to help you get started quickly. Based on common scenarios with preconfigured forms, views and formats – creating lists from scratch for intricate processes becomes a thing of the past.
- Use the Power Platforms to customize views, create smart rules to automate certain steps in a process and sharing capabilities within Microsoft Lists to keep everyone in sync. Easily be able to visualize your information, build rules and share your lists and information with confidence.
1. How does Lists differ from Microsoft To Do and Planner?
Microsoft Lists is an information tracking app that enables teams to manage process or workflows with ease. Whilst Planner To Do and Planner are purpose-built apps that are aimed at helping individuals and teams to manage their workloads using tasks, and once those tasks are completed, are hidden from view – Microsoft Lists focuses on enabling users to collect, view, filter, collaborate and share structured information across a team or organization. Lists is integrated with the Power Platform to design, build and customize lists to extend productivity apps alongside Power Apps and Power Automate all within one application.
2. What happens to SharePoint Lists once the roll out of Microsoft Lists?
All investments to date in SharePoint lists will carry forward as Microsoft is building off the 20+ years of innovation within SharePoint and is taking steps to make them even more accessible within other apps. The millions of people using Lists will see new capabilities like updated user experiences, creation in Teams, improved Quick edit and more.
3. What subscriptions do I need to use Microsoft Lists?
Lists is available through Microsoft 365 or Office 365 subscription plans where SharePoint is already included.
4. When can we expect to see the Lists app and Lists within Teams?
The Lists app in Microsoft Teams will begin roll out by the end of August 2020; however, all are expected to be complete in production worldwide by the end of October 2020.
5. Will Microsoft Lists app in Microsoft 365 and Teams be the only way of getting all the features or will all the same features be available from SharePoint itself since Lists will be based on SharePoint?
Lists, no matter where you access them from, will have the same set of capabilities, design look and feel and options for customization. This includes lists you already use and any new ones you create going forward. There is only one lists product in the service and it now has a number of new entry points.